Choosing Your Tattoo Design
Apart from the mind-boggling decision you have to make whether to get a tattoo or not, another thing you also have to face is what design would look best on you or would describe you and your views. For some, choosing and deciding the tattoo design is the hardest part of getting a tattoo. You have to make sure it's something you won't regret few months or years from now. You don't want your tattoo to look like everyone's, so it has to be unique. You also have to think of the best placement that will suit the size and the design of your future tattoo. Removal of the tattoo is costly, agonising, and not always effective. That is why it is very important for you to think it through over and over again and make the right choice in order to avoid tears and regrets.
You don't just wake up one day and think, yeah I think I'll get a 1-inch tattoo today. If that happens, stop yourself from making the biggest mistake of your life. The more planning you put into your design, the more likely it is that you will enjoy looking at your tattoo for the years to come.
Here are some tips you can follow when choosing your tattoo design:
- Do not make any rash decisions. Most of the terrible tattoo photos you see online come from spontaneous visits to the tattoo parlour. If you're drunk on high on any substance, or you've been dared by a friend, the getting a tattoo is not a good idea. Instead of visiting a tattoo artist, just sleep it off.
- Consider where you want to put your tattoo. You need to think about the part of your body where you want to put your tattoo. Will the design suit that part of the body? How big or how small should the design be? Should it be round? Triangle?
- Put more of your time refining the design and choosing one that has of great meaning and value to you. Research if you must. Head to the library or reputable tattoo parlour and try to look through tattoo design books. Your design should be timeless, unique, and meaningful.
- Not everyone has been given the talent to draw. But if you want a customised design, try drawing it on your own and explain it to your tattoo artist. They might help you create a better, and more artistic version of it. Don't afraid to comment and tell your artist if you want something changed, don't settle.
- Think before you get inked. Think about it a lot of times. When you are certain. If you want, you can ask someone to draw the design on your skin. Look at it several times and think if you want that to be on your skin permanently. A well designed tattoo can boost beauty and confidence. .A poorly chosen tattoo design, done on a whim can leave you unhappy for all time.
- Matthew Nelson