The Benefits of Semi Permanent Make Up | Magnum Tattoo Supplies
Of course, there is a huge difference between cosmetic tattooing and tattooing. Aside from the the main purpose of cosmetic tattooing itself, cosmetic tattooing differs to regular tattooing because creates a softer and subtler outcome as it is done to achieve a natural-looking enhancement.
Five great benefits of SPMU
- It stays on! The main benefit (and a reason for getting semi-permanent makeup applied) is that it stays on all the time, day or night.
- Reduces wear on the skin. It’s much less stressful for your skin if you aren’t cleaning makeup off quite so often! Less abrasion equals less wear!
- It saves money. Sure, getting the procedure done in the first place might be a bit slightly costly. But in the long run, you’ll save a heap of cash in standard makeup purchases. Remember, semi-permanent makeups last a long time.
- It saves time. No more getting up extra early to apply eyeliner for work. You can eliminate that task from your ‘getting ready’ routine completely and use that time for something else.
- Continuity. A lot of artists are highly trained and will make you look fantastic. That means you’ll look fantastic every single day.
SPMU involves the use of pigments, rather than standard tattoo inks. These pigments are designed to fade gently over time, which is beneficial as it allows the artist undertaking the procedure to manipulate the colour and shape of the results in order to work with the clients natural colouration and facial changes.
Comparatively, regular tattoo ink used in tattooing is put deep into the subcutaneous layer (hypodermis) of the skin, which is of of course permanent. The pigment used for permanent makeup only penetrates the dermis which is why it will generally only last up to 5 years.
At Magnum Tattoo Supplies, we stock a range of SPMU pigments which can be used for various semi-permanent make up procedures. From brands including Alice Inks, Ever After Pigments, and Perma Blend, you'll be spoilt for choice with the extensive variety of beautiful colours and tones. There's something for every client, ranging from natural colours like browns, blacks, blondes, and reds, to edgier colours such as pink and blue.
If you're looking to purchase SPMU Tattoo Ink online then check out our full range here.
- Antonia McLoughlin