10 Horrifying Pennywise Tattoos! | Wholesale Tattoo Ink Colour Sets
So, I’m a huge fan of horror films, and Stephen King’s It is one of my all time favourites, and (like many horror fans) I was really apprehensive when I went to watch Andy Muschietti’s remake of It last week, but actually, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the new film! I thought it was extremely dark and creepy, and although the classic will always be my favourite, Muschietti did an amazing job of making the new film just as sinister as the original, and I think he did it a real justice. I can’t wait until the next part of the film comes out in 2019 – (It’ll be worth the wait!).
With every classic horror movie comes classic horror tattoos, and over the years I’ve seen plenty of the Tim Curry Pennywise tattoos that are all equally creepy, sinister, and fascinating! With the recent release of the new film, we’ve seen a huge rise in the amount of new Pennywise tattoos floating around (hah!), and as a Supplier selling Wholesale Tattoo Ink Colour Sets, we wanted to take a look at some of the best Pennywise tattoos out there – old and new!
1. Firstly, I'm in love with this classic Tim Curry Pennywise tattoo by Paul Acker, who's famous for his realistic horror pieces. The detail in this piece is incredible, and Pennywise looks just as nightmarish here as he does in the movie!
2. Another one from horror tattoo legend Paul Acker. Pennywise looking his usual creepy self!
3. Bill Skarsgård’s Pennywise is a stark contrast to the Tim Curry version, but I like that there’s a lot of visual variation between the two, and I don’t think the new film would have worked as well if they’d have kept the same look for Pennywise. A brilliant tattoo by tattoo master, Nikko Hurtado!
4. Yet another Paul Acker Pennywise! I love how each Pennywise tattoo he makes is really unique and captures a different Pennywise personality with each tattoo. Scary!
5. This one by Ben Ochoa really amazes me, as I love the way he’s captured Pennywise's menacing grin so accurately!
6. I love this one by Paul Acker, and I like all of the detailing in it, and the fact that it’s not just a portrait tattoo, but a really intricate piece of work that captures a memorable scene from the original movie.
7. This one is a particularly dark piece by Ivan Gonas, and I’m really fond of the use of shading and shadows in this one, casting an eerie light on Pennywise's face!
8. This one is completely stunning! Peter Tattooer has created a really frightening piece and I think the yellow in Pennywise’s teeth makes him look all the more menacing.
9. This one is my all time favourite spine-chililng It themed tattoo by Bryan Merck. The original Pennywise looks totally terrifying here, and Bryan captures every single detail perfectly, from Pennywise’s crazy red hair, to the Pom Poms on his suit!
10. A brilliant piece from Jordan Croke, with a sinister looking Pennywise that’s picture perfect.
These are just some of the mind-blowing Pennywise tattoos out there. If you’ve got an It themed tattoo you’d like to share with us, get in touch! Let us know which Pennywise is your favourite in the comments section, and don’t forget to check out the Tattoo Ink Colour Sets on our wholesale site!
Image and blog credits:
- Antonia McLoughlin